[Fwd: Re: [plug] Reply-to headers]

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Thu Aug 10 13:53:09 WST 2000

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, russ wrote:

> When I click on reply in Netscape, it sends it to the original author,
> not the list.

If this happens on _every_ email you receive from the list then there is
nothing I can do, because Netscape is ignoring reply-to altogether - so
the only way to force replies to the list would be to have the list
manager munge the From: header

I'm sure I don't need to list the reasons why _that_ would be a
"Bad Idea(tm)"

> I receive mail from the list and I want to reply to the
> list, not just the original author. Maybe there is a setting I can
> change in Netscape?

Doesn't Netscape allow you to "reply to all"?

> I vote that the reply goes to the list.

Then you don't understand the question.
The reply already goes to the list, unless the Author wants it to go back
to them.  If it doesn't work for you, I'd seriously look at another MUA

 - Matt