[plug] Scripting for email

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Fri Aug 11 17:30:27 WST 2000

Oh,

On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 05:12:05PM +0800, Jason Nicholls wrote:
> Umm, why do that when you have find. Use it to grab a list of files older than
> x days ago (best to read the man page), eg for files modified within the last
> 24 hours::
>
> 	find /var/spool/mail/ -mtime 1

Woops. 1. I did the opposite of the first sentance, but you get the idea
anyways. 2. This isn't really going to help the orignial question:
	"check who hasn't checked their mail for over 24hrs".

Looking at the last modified time isn't going to help because it will be
updated every time mail is *received*. You need to look at the access time.

eg:

	find /var/spool/mail/ -atime -n
	ie: list files access less than n day(s) ago.