[plug] Scripting for email

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Sat Aug 12 21:03:02 WST 2000

Jason Nicholls wrote:
> Looking at the last modified time isn't going to help because it
> will be updated every time mail is *received*. You need to look
> at the access time.

Almost certainly game over player 2, as the access time would track the
mod time. I suspect I would be "tail -f"ing the mail log from inittab
and touching my own status files as appropriate.

However, as Mike Holland mentioned, ProcMail will almost certainly do
this for you with a one or two line directive.

--
If life is merely a joke, the question remains: for whose amusement?