[plug] Linux demo at Warwick shopping centre ?

Darrell Horrocks darrellh at kpbg.wa.gov.au
Mon Aug 14 14:30:56 WST 2000

It is in the latest Business news August 10-16

Page 13

<QUOTE>
LINUX DEMO

The Linux operating system will be demonstrated by Dymocks and E-Syn Engineering
at Warwick Shopping Centre from August 21 to 23.

Linux is the most popular Unix variant for PCs and has a growing market share.

E-Syn Engineering managing director Frank Veldkamp said the operating system -
created by Linux Torvalds and developed collaboratively over the Internet - was
the great success story of open source software development.
</QUOTE>

This is verbatim (except for the everpresent speeling errors ;-) )

Pretty sparse on the details though.  Looks like a moneymaking push for Dymocks
actually.

Anyone want to contact E-Syn and push some PLUG/Installfest fliers?  We have a
Public Relations person don't we ;-)

Regards

Darrell

Mike from West Australia wrote:

> At 11:35 AM 12/8/2000 +0800, you wrote:
> >No, is there one?
>
> I heard a rumour there is one in Warwick shopping centre on twenty
> first of August - supposedly there is a notice in "Business News"
> but I haven't seen it...
>
> Rgds

Darrell