[plug] Linux demo at Warwick shopping centre ?

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 14 14:47:08 WST 2000

Darrell Horrocks wrote:

> It is in the latest Business news August 10-16
>
> Page 13
>
> <QUOTE>
> LINUX DEMO
>
> The Linux operating system will be demonstrated by Dymocks and E-Syn Engineering
> at Warwick Shopping Centre from August 21 to 23.
>
> Linux is the most popular Unix variant for PCs and has a growing market share.
>
> E-Syn Engineering managing director Frank Veldkamp said the operating system -
> created by Linux Torvalds and developed collaboratively over the Internet - was
> the great success story of open source software development.
> </QUOTE>
>
> This is verbatim (except for the everpresent speeling errors ;-) )
>
> Pretty sparse on the details though.  Looks like a moneymaking push for Dymocks
> actually.
>
> Anyone want to contact E-Syn and push some PLUG/Installfest fliers?  We have a
> Public Relations person don't we ;-)
>
> Regards
>
> Darrell
>
> Mike from West Australia wrote:
>
> > At 11:35 AM 12/8/2000 +0800, you wrote:
> > >No, is there one?
> >
> > I heard a rumour there is one in Warwick shopping centre on twenty
> > first of August - supposedly there is a notice in "Business News"
> > but I haven't seen it...
> >
> > Rgds
>
> Darrell

Any idea as to what kind of audience, for which it is supposed to cater?

It is strange, that it is on the days Monday to Wednesday, which would
probably exclude alot of ordinary working people, etc, as it is not on
either on a Thursday (and therefore late night shopping), or, during a
weekend. Also, it appears that business people would need to drop their
business trading time, to attend.

Seems strange...
--

Bret Busby