[plug] Good modem for Linux?

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Wed Aug 16 22:43:52 WST 2000

G'day,

On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 08:12:25PM +0800, Stuart Foster wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good modem (preferably internal, but not a winmodem)
> to use with Linux? I'm looking to spend $100 or so.

Although this won't be much help in your situation...

The US Robotics Courier V.Everything (if you can still get them) are one of
the most reliable things around. Because they were built around a software
driven DSP system, even ones starting their lives limited to 28.8k
were upgradable to the 56k standard (V.90) when it arrived. Oh,
it's external only.

I don't know whether you can still get them and the new US robtics modems
aren't too great.

Later,

Jason Nicholls