[plug] Good modem for Linux?

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Thu Aug 17 08:53:00 WST 2000

Stuart Foster wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good modem (preferably internal, but
> not a winmodem) to use with Linux? I'm looking to spend $100
> or so.

External modems are generally safer, plus you get das blinkenlights to
watch.

The LightSpeeds have proven a steady workhorse for me. You generally
have to do something daft like plug the AC adaptor designed for another
modem into one's DC-in socket to kill it (-: no, it wasn't me, and it's
happened at least four times with this one bloke that I know of, now all
of his modems are 9V DC :-).

--
If life is merely a joke, the question remains: for whose amusement?