[plug] Spark

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Thu Aug 17 11:43:37 WST 2000

Wow, more SCSI drives than I can poke a stick at

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Garth Atkinson wrote:

> Leon Brooks wrote:
> >
> > Computer Clinic has donated another SCSI drive, and I will unkindly
> > donate an old external SCSI case to house both of the above if I can
> > ever find the damned thing. The extinction of its disk starvation seems
> > to be at hand.
>
> I have external enclosure to suit this drive. 50 pin centronic only
> though.

Garth, the drive you donated is 68pin, which won't work with the sparc,
because that's 50 pin. (Unless it's possible to get a converter cable for
it)  However the drive Brad donated is 50 pin, and should work, as soon as
I get a power Y splitter, or an external SCSI box (preferred because I'm
not sure if the sparc power supply can handle 2 drives)

 - Matt