[plug] Spark

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Fri Aug 18 13:33:57 WST 2000

Matt Kemner wrote:
> Wow, more SCSI drives than I can poke a stick at
>> Leon Brooks wrote:
>>> Computer Clinic has donated another SCSI drive, and I will
>>> unkindly donate an old external SCSI case to house both of
>>> the above if I can ever find the damned thing. The extinction
>>> of its disk starvation seems to be at hand.

>> I have external enclosure to suit this drive. 50 pin centronic only
>> though.

> Garth, the drive you donated is 68pin, which won't work with the sparc,
> because that's 50 pin. (Unless it's possible to get a converter cable for
> it)

A converter plug 68<>50 is no problem. I'm organising one but it's not
being quick. Would you prefer a male or female 50-pin mini-Centronics,
or a 50-pin plastic header on the adapter?

> However the drive Brad donated is 50 pin, and should work, as soon as
> I get a power Y splitter, or an external SCSI box (preferred because I'm
> not sure if the sparc power supply can handle 2 drives)

The box I have in mind (and probably Garth's also) has its own power.

--
If life is merely a joke, the question remains: for whose amusement?