[plug] Routing

Shackleton, Kevin kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au
Sat Aug 19 17:12:42 WST 2000

I sound a little thick here - but I can't seem to get a box to route.

Running RH6.2, I've set the /etc/sysconfig/networks FORWARD_IP4 to YES and I
have two working cards, eth0 and eth1.  The routing table has automatically
added the two routes which are "U"p, not "UH".  I've restarted the network.
Yet no traffic is passing from one network to other, either way.  I've done
"route add"s to other hosts, and these hosts can ping the further routing
card address.  tcpdump running on both interfaces shows no traffic getting
through.  What have I overlooked or done wrong? (The two networks are Class
B - not 192.168...)

K.