[plug] re; DNS settings

jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sun Aug 20 12:32:08 WST 2000

I have a curious question; last night I changed my Linux server DNS from local (I was using  my ISP DNS servers) to master.  In my named.ns.mmtnet file I have a line for the MX record that reads like:
@               IN      MX      10      mail.mmtnetwork.com.au.
For some reason when I did a nslookup for All entries it reports the following for the MX record:
Name=mmtnetworks.com.au
	Type=MX, Class=1 TTL=86400 (1 Day), RDLENGTH=4
	Preference=10, Mail Exchange=gateway.mmtnetworks.com.au

What I would like to know is why is this pointing to gateway.mmtnetworks.com.au instead of mail.mmtnetworks.com.au

Thanks

Jon

Jon L. Miller
Novell MCNE