[plug] Problems with display in Gnome

Jason :) jas at whatever.iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 22 20:10:16 WST 2000

I had a similar problem with Mandrake 7.1, so I'm not sure if it applies...

The way I fixed it was simply turning down the screen refresh rate on
XFree86. I don't know what it was that caused it, but it was like X didnt
like my screen settings and was doing strange things. Turning down the
refresh rate fixed it...somehow...   :)