[plug] Problems with display in Gnome

Garth Atkinson garth at cclinic.com.au
Tue Aug 22 21:50:16 WST 2000

I think this is some sort of problem with the display card's
hardware cursor (ie mouse arrow). I cant be more specific because I
have only heard about this problem, never seen it!

"Shackleton, Kevin" wrote:

> The same symptoms occur in Win9x when the machine is about to die from lack
> of resources.  An off-topic response, yes, but I expect the bottom line is
> the same - the video system can't XOR the mouse area properly to make the
> mouse move. Hey - why not try an MS-style solution and re-install!

Why not? - because he is _not_ using Windows. What is a re-install
going to achieve in this instance? Unless you enter some different
magic numbers during the install, absolutely nothing.