[plug] Problems with display in Gnome

Len Bird lenbird at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 22 22:05:16 WST 2000

It appears to be a video card problem perhaps. I suggest that you try using a
DOS program with (shudder) Windows 3.1 to see if the problem is present in
that environment.  If you can manage to install another Linux distro of
course this will do much the same thing. Typically the faults you describe
are due faulty memory chips on the Video Card. Otherwise you will need the
services of a P.C. vet.