[plug] Exim question

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Thu Aug 24 16:37:39 WST 2000

Brad Campbell wrote:

> G'day all,
> back after a brief outage due to some iiNet mis-configuration error.
>
> I have a system setup with Exim, using it for mail sorting on a
> single pop-box virtual domain system, and I'm getting delivery errors
> on some incoming e-mails due to "rediculously long to headers"
> <Spelling optional>
> Does anyone know a workaround for this problem.
>
> In a nutshell, fetchmail is retrieving the mail, poking it at exim,
> and exim is rejecting it due to the length of the to: field.
> they are bulk mail type stuff, and the to: field is pretty long..
>
> Brad..

Just in case anyone might have been interested..
Exim 2.05 that came with Debian Slink, had this limitation..
Compiling the latest Exim 3.16 solves the problem, as the old one
had a hard-coded header length of 8191+Null term, where the new
one allocates anywhere up to a Meg for header info..

Problem solved..

--
Brad....
                   /"\