[plug] Using the mail command to send attachments

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Wed Aug 23 11:59:56 WST 2000

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Bradley Browne wrote:

> I want to send a text file I am working on to my windows machine
> so that I can quickly print it off and review it.  I can't be
> bothered ftp'ing the file all the time, I would much rather be
> able to send it as an attachment in an email.

Why does it need to be an attachment? Can't you print the email directly?

(as in "cat file|mail -s subject email at address")

Anyway, you can use the mpack command instead.

(It's a Debian package, but there's probably an rpm floating about too,
 otherwise I can send it to you - it's 18kB)

# mpack -s Test /boot/vmlinuz-2.0.36 zombie at live.wasp.net.au

    sent me the file /boot/vmlinux-2.0.36 as an attachment.

 - Matt