[plug] OT: cockroaches, Windows T-1000

Kim Covil kimc at zydeco.ned.dem.csiro.au
Wed Aug 23 14:36:25 WST 2000

> Bret Busby wrote:
> > Remember the computer in War Games? Consider what could have happened,
> > if that was running with Windows... The cockroaches would be ruling the
> > world ( the only life form, known to man, that would survive a nuclear
> > war).
>
> No... cockroaches _do_ need to eat. There must be other lifeforms (many
> of them, all working ecologies are very complex and strongly
> cross-connected), and it would eventually go hard with the cockroaches
> if many of those lifeforms weren't at least on par with the roaches.

I really think they ought to start adding roach-bait to the mix of these
nuclear weapons/reactors... that way at least if we blow the planet up
the roaches go down with us... *grin*

Kim

(JOKING FOR THOSE WHO TAKE THINGS A LITTLE TOO SERIOUSLY)
Kim Covil - CSIRO Exploration & Mining   E-mail: kimc at ned.dem.csiro.au
            PO Box 437, Nedlands,        Tel: +61 8 9284 8425   ,-_!\
            Western Australia  6009      Fax: +61 8 9389 1906  /     \
                                                               *_,-._/
   Please direct all personal e-mail to kimbotha at covil.com.au