[plug] Installfest

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Wed Aug 23 16:59:09 WST 2000

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, Matt Kemner wrote:

> The main thing I fear is that when a newbie turns up, and they want Linux,
> and they don't know what flavour they want, they will either get pot luck
> depending on whom is available at the time, or end up waiting for 2 or
> more people to fight over what distro to install for them...

This is something I've been worried about.  I was thinking that it would
partially be resolved if there was only one installer available.
I can't think of a nice way to solve this apart from .... "Corel/Caldera gave
us CD's so if in doubt intall one of them"  That doesn't leave us much room.
Nor does if feel very comfortable.  So far only one person has listed anything
other than debian,mandrake or redhat so we're likly to be installing those 3.

As an asside. We Have 8 installers and only 2 installees.  Could look kinda
funny :)

Moving further to the side.

I intend to have 2 PPC's ther one running debian one running Yellowdog.
Other than that anyone else have a "demo" machines we can use for the day.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */