[plug] Installfest (fwd)

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Thu Aug 24 11:39:40 WST 2000

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Michael De Santis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Out of curiosity, what type of users are you expecting to attend
> Installfest?   ie primarily  PC users interested in learning Linux or
> small business to attend as well.

Mostly home users (Uni students).  It would be nice if small business could
make it BUT I don't think they will.

PLUG has been toying with the Idea of a more professional event aimed at
business.  Showing how Linux can make ther business more productive for little
cost.  web databases Internet access.  VPN's all that jazz.

The Installfest is kind of a trial run to iron out some of the bugs and get
Ideas.  Also if we get some extra PLUG members from the Installfest that'd be
nice.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein