[plug] Installfest (fwd)

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 24 11:43:22 WST 2000

"Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima" wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, Michael De Santis wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > Out of curiosity, what type of users are you expecting to attend
> > Installfest?   ie primarily  PC users interested in learning Linux or
> > small business to attend as well.
>
> Mostly home users (Uni students).  It would be nice if small business could
> make it BUT I don't think they will.
>
> PLUG has been toying with the Idea of a more professional event aimed at
> business.  Showing how Linux can make ther business more productive for little
> cost.  web databases Internet access.  VPN's all that jazz.
>
> The Installfest is kind of a trial run to iron out some of the bugs and get
> Ideas.  Also if we get some extra PLUG members from the Installfest that'd be
> nice.

Anne has asked me to forward the URL for the installfest web page to
her, at work, so that she can distribute it in her office - there is a
UNIX systems contractor based there, apart from her colleagues so, it is
possible that someone from there, may attend.

It is just a matter of promotion, and, distributing the information...

--

Bret Busby