[plug] G400 Dual Head

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Thu Aug 24 15:06:28 WST 2000

Hiya,

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 11:00:10AM +0800, Scott, Simon wrote:
> Has anyone here had the pleasure of setting up one of these? Ive got one on
> the way, and tonight Id like to set it up with X4.0/OpenGL etc etc... Anyone
> with experience here? I sorta need to know the easiest route (there's that
> word again!) to get this up and running. Supposedly Matrox have linux
> drivers etc? How stable is X4.0s support of this card? How do I setup OpenGL
> for gaming etc? How do I setup Xinerama with Matrox's drivers?

Previous to the recent Matrox drivers, there was no way to use the dual head
feature with X under linux. I don't think you'll find much help - please
report your experiences back to the list though (I've got a dual head G400
also) ;)

Setting up OpenGL with X is fairly easy. I suggest going to the Matrox site as
a place to start, they provide everything you need (in the form of links,
information and files).

> BTW, has anyone played with Raster's new accelerated Enlightenment stuff?

That's new to imlib2 yes? Does anyone on PLUG follow enlightenment development
etc... Unfortunately I don't get enough time to play around so I'm running
the latest stable-ish release (0.16.4 + imlib 1.9.8).

Later,

Jason Nicholls