[plug] G400 Dual Head

Nathan Alberti nathan.alberti at paradox.net.au
Thu Aug 24 16:19:03 WST 2000

This  Might help...

-----
IW: MATROX FIRST TO SUPPORT DUALHEAD DISPLAY ON LINUX

"This beta driver supports three DualHead operational modes -
Multi-Display, Clone and TV-Output - and up to eight display
configurations on the Matrox Millennium G400 series."

COMPLETE STORY:
http://www.newsalert.com/bin/story?StoryId=CoAcPqeSbmtuWmtuYodG&FQ=Linux&Nav=na-search-&StoryTitle=Linux
-----

Regards,

Nathan

Jason Nicholls wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 11:00:10AM +0800, Scott, Simon wrote:
> > Has anyone here had the pleasure of setting up one of these? Ive got one on
> > the way, and tonight Id like to set it up with X4.0/OpenGL etc etc... Anyone
> > with experience here? I sorta need to know the easiest route (there's that
> > word again!) to get this up and running. Supposedly Matrox have linux
> > drivers etc? How stable is X4.0s support of this card? How do I setup OpenGL
> > for gaming etc? How do I setup Xinerama with Matrox's drivers?
>
> Previous to the recent Matrox drivers, there was no way to use the dual head
> feature with X under linux. I don't think you'll find much help - please
> report your experiences back to the list though (I've got a dual head G400
> also) ;)
>
> Setting up OpenGL with X is fairly easy. I suggest going to the Matrox site as
> a place to start, they provide everything you need (in the form of links,
> information and files).
>
> > BTW, has anyone played with Raster's new accelerated Enlightenment stuff?
>
> That's new to imlib2 yes? Does anyone on PLUG follow enlightenment development
> etc... Unfortunately I don't get enough time to play around so I'm running
> the latest stable-ish release (0.16.4 + imlib 1.9.8).
>
> Later,
>
> Jason Nicholls
> Jason Nicholls    icq: 11745841    email: <jason at mindsocket.com.au>
> Proprietor                        mobile: 0417 410 811
> Mind Socket [web services]          http://www.mindsocket.com.au/

Nathan Alberti - Ackroyd
Ruralnet Engineer
---------------------
PARADOX DIGITAL P/L ACN 008875714
---------------------
193 Gt Eastern HWY
Belmont WA 6014
Western Australia
+61 (08) 9478 6500 Phone
1800 248 002 24H

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may contain
legally privileged information.  If you are not the intended recipient
you
must not read, copy, distribute or act in reliance on it.  If you have
received this message in error please forward this e-mail to
webmaster at paradox.net.au and delete all copies of this message.