[plug] Re: Aussie DMCA is here now!

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 25 09:35:46 WST 2000

"McMeikan, Andrew" wrote:

> too late, this is how copyright is going to be now.  I put a copy of the
> explanatory memo on http://technocrat.net/966583745/index_html (this link
> works :)
>
> were doomed I say, dooomed....

What is DMCA (apart from being a FLA)?

Two things; the web page makes the suggestion of "contact your MP", or
similar. Waste of time. They do not listen to constituents, who they
appear to regard as evil, nasty little things that should be eliminated.

Secondly; I understood that this feral government was supposed to have
legalised reverse-engineering of software, to allow porting, amongst
other things. Did they do that? If so, isn't this inconsistent? If they
didn't do it, does anyone else know anything about the previously
reported actions of the feral government, to legalise
reverse-engineering in this country?

--

Bret Busby