[plug] Installfest - distributions

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Fri Aug 25 13:08:32 WST 2000

At 12:55 25/08/00, Christian wrote:
>If you're so worried about security then register interest (and
>enrol!) in the security unit I'm planning to run second semester next
>year.  You can get more info at http://stallman.murdoch.edu.au.  That
>way you will (hopefully) understand the *process* of security instead of
>being caught up with the idea of different programs giving you security.

And what about those of us that work in the real world? =). There is
unfortunately a dearth of useful information regarding security beyond the
basics and what there is seems to be scattered in dribs and drabs across
countless websites, FAQs and How-tos.

skribe
	Purity:                           62.0%
	Corruption:                    38.0%
	Insanity:                        36.3636363636364%
	Weirdness factor:           31%
	Experience Level:           JonKatz Wannabe
	Medieval Career:            Black Knight