[plug] two keyboards on one machine?

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Sat Aug 26 20:10:28 WST 2000

Bevan bemoaned his single-machine status:
> > I was thinking how I could play freeciv against my housemate without
> > buying another machine. I thought about a second monitor/video
> > card/mouse/keyboard all on the same machine - does anyone think this
> > might be possible? I cant think of how I could connect 2 keyboards.

Hi Bevan - is there any reason other than just cost for you not wishing to
buy another machine? I'm just thinking that surely it would be easier and
possible cheaper to buy a 2nd (or 3rd) hand 486 or low end Pentium? Then
you could even reuse the second machine as a ipmasq gateway or any of
the other useful functions that Linux people use older machines for these
days...

I'm sorry I can't offer any useful suggestions to your actual question
though. Let us know if you do manage it though, I'd be interested to see
how it worked out. :)

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 04:13:39PM +0800, McMeikan, Andrew wrote:
> wanna buy a cheap terminal?  hmmm is freeciv text or graphics?

It's a free (speech) implementation of the old (but rather popular) game
Civilization II from Microprose. I haven't played it for more than a year,
but it was good fun back then.

It's very definitely graphics.

http://www.freeciv.org/

> 	cya,	Andrew...
[ ... ]
> The information transmitted is intended for the person or entity to which
> it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.
[ snip ]
> the effect of the changes on the material’s meaning.

Behold yet another Australian company falling victim to the "lets-put-a-
wordy-but-completely-pointless-disclaimer-at-the-end-of-all-outgoing-
email" syndrome. Especially good when it also contains MS characters,
which I didn't notice when they informed us all of the change on...
when was it Andrew? Tuesday? Not to mention that shortly before that, they
"added value" with a rude word filter on all internet email.

Agggh, when will they learn?

:)
Pete.

PS. As an almost completely unrelated note, I was just wondering how doing
something like this (appending text at the end of all outgoing emails)
would affect signing and/or encrypting outgoing email using PGP or GPG or
whatever other methods are widely used nowadays? I'd guess that the
recipient would have to actually edit the email to remove the "disclaimer"
before verifying the signature or decrypting the message. Which would be
moderately annoying, now I think about it.

I suspect most corporations would regard something like that as an extra
bonus, though ;).
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

--
I'd like to meet the man who invented sex and see what he's working on now.