[plug] Installfest update

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 28 09:30:16 WST 2000

"Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima" wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Bret Busby wrote:
>
> > "Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima" wrote:
>
> > > Also thanks to an intro from Leon IBM have agreed to sponsor the installfest
> > > either with a demo machine or door prizes.
>
> Or as it turns out BOTH :)
>
> > Has any approach been made to the Comment News? Given that it is a free
> > paper, and goes through virtually all the suburbs of Perth, if they are
> > willing to include an article (as opposed to a paid advert), it could be
> > worthwhile.
>
> I've never heard of "Comment News".   Certainly not available in my suburb.
> I will be contacting the community news sometime today.

Comment News is the subsidiary of West Australian Newspapers (which
publishes the West Australian Newspaper), which publishes the
"Community" newspapers, which are published with different names in
different suburbs/localities. In Armadale, their local paper is named
"Community"; in Fremantle, from memory, it has an entirely different
name. At the top of the front page of the Armadale edition of the
Community newspaper, is the title "Comment News". As far as I am aware,
they publish "local" newspapers in every suburb in the Perth
metropolitan area. It sounds like it may be them, that you are
contacting. If so, it may be worth mentioning, that the event applies to
the whole of the Perth metropolitan area, and any area that they cover.
That way, a news item published, may be published across all their local
papers, and, not limited to the one that covers the Wilson/Bentley area.

--

Bret Busby