[plug] Installfest update

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 28 09:40:00 WST 2000

Bret Busby wrote:

> "Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima" wrote:

> > Or as it turns out BOTH :)
> >
> > > Has any approach been made to the Comment News? Given that it is a free
> > > paper, and goes through virtually all the suburbs of Perth, if they are
> > > willing to include an article (as opposed to a paid advert), it could be
> > > worthwhile.
> >
> > I've never heard of "Comment News".   Certainly not available in my suburb.
> > I will be contacting the community news sometime today.
> >

> Comment News is the subsidiary of West Australian Newspapers (which
> publishes the West Australian Newspaper), which publishes the
> "Community" newspapers, which are published with different names in
> different suburbs/localities. In Armadale, their local paper is named
> "Community"; in Fremantle, from memory, it has an entirely different
> name. At the top of the front page of the Armadale edition of the
> Community newspaper, is the title "Comment News". As far as I am aware,
> they publish "local" newspapers in every suburb in the Perth
> metropolitan area. It sounds like it may be them, that you are
> contacting. If so, it may be worth mentioning, that the event applies to
> the whole of the Perth metropolitan area, and any area that they cover.
> That way, a news item published, may be published across all their local
> papers, and, not limited to the one that covers the Wilson/Bentley area.
>
> --
>
> Bret Busby

Footnote:

In Armadale, we also have a second, weekly free newspaper, the Armadale
Examiner, previously known as the Weekend Examiner. The coverage of
their local papers, is area of the councils of Armadale, Gosnells, and
Serpentine/Jarrahdale.

They can be contacted at Phone: 9497 3477, Fax: 9497 3464, Email:
examiner at one.net.au

It could also be worth contacting them...

--

Bret Busby