[plug] busses, intall fest

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Mon Aug 28 20:02:31 WST 2000

Hiya,

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 07:47:19PM +0800, Leon Blackwell wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 07:46:37PM +0800, alan howard wrote:
> > can any one tell us what busses go past (or near) the intall fest site. I
> > hav'nt been near Curtin uni since it changed from being WAIT.
>
> I'm not sure about those that go close to Canning College, but I do
> know aaalll about those that stop past the Curtin busport
> (unfortunately).  The 98/99 CircleRoute buses stop regularly, and
> the 883 runs directly from the city.  I usually prefer the 98/99
> as you can get from Oats Street train station to Curtin in about
> 6 or 7 minutes.
>
> There are a couple of other buses that go past Curtin -- but
> they're much more specific to the Bently area, I think.

The 555 bus goes along manning road, diverts onto canning hwy, then heads to
Garden City. Might be useful for some people.

The 34 starts in Redcliff, makes its way to the city bus port, then through
south perth/como to the Curtin bus port.

> Although I can't really reccommend it for accuracy, Transperth's
> journey planner can often help you work things like this out:
> http://www.transperth.wa.gov.au/framesets/mf_journey.htm

That journey planner really sucks. It's quicker to walk to the nearest
transperth store (even up-to an hour away) and pick up some timetables.
It's both difficult to use and painfully slow.

The best thing is to get a list of bus numbers that go to Curtin uni and
people can get times from the transperth website.

Later,

Jason Nicholls