[plug] ADSL?

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Tue Aug 29 04:42:02 WST 2000

Grett,

You aint seen nothing in the way of "quality of service" in Telstra until
you have lived in West Africa !!!!

Do rotary dial handsets ring any bells for anyone ?????

There is a guy who works out in the middle of the desert who in order to get
at best a 9600 baud connection to his email, uses aligator clips to connect
directly onto the patch panel at his local exchange. They apparemtly have
one phone port that is shared by the whole village which if he uses that he
can only get 2400 baud (if it manages to maintain a connection for more than
30 seconds).

Lets just say that I am having lots of fun playing with packet radio out
here and that the weather is much nicer than the UK where I have come from.

Michael Hunt
In Niger, West Africa