[plug] Mandrake 7.1 cannot find Intel EtherExpress Pro

Phillip Steege psteege at tpg.com.au
Tue Aug 29 16:57:25 WST 2000

I tried installing Mandrake 7.1 on my Pentium 233 and all went well except the network card.
I have an ISA Intel EtherExpress Pro (10mb) card that worked fine under Windoze 98.
The Intel card was an option during the install, but Mandrake could not find it automatically.  I tried entering the same settings that worked under Windoze (for example:  IRQ 05, IO 210-21F, MEM 000CC000-000CFFFF) but it did not detect it that way either.

Any help would be appreciated.