[plug] Install Fest: This is what we should be aiming for.

Shackleton, Kevin kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au
Wed Aug 30 15:04:01 WST 2000

> Gartner column for 29 August 2000
> by Matthew Boon
>

> Linux Today - Is It Ready for the Enterprise?
>
> It seems apparent that Linux is fast becoming entrenched in the annals of
> computer operating systems history.

(etc . .)

Isn't this a re-hash of something Gartner Group put together a while ago?
It basically says that since Linux is not ready to take on the heavy-duty
end of unix, it isn't any use in an NT-dominated environment.  I recall that
there was a response to the earlier article (apart from the obvious response
of deleting it).

K.