[plug] Install Fest: This is what we should be aiming for.

SweenyTod sweenytod at sweenytod.com
Wed Aug 30 15:00:12 WST 2000

At 03:04 PM 30/08/2000, you wrote:
>Isn't this a re-hash of something Gartner Group put together a while ago?
>It basically says that since Linux is not ready to take on the heavy-duty
>end of unix, it isn't any use in an NT-dominated environment.  I recall that
>there was a response to the earlier article (apart from the obvious response
>of deleting it).

There is a storying running on /. regarding this.  It seems a few big boys
are putting together a testing lab.  It'll give open source projects access
to the enterprise level hardware they probably don't have access too, in
order to test their applications.  Personally, I know I don't have a 32 CPU
RS6000 running at a squillion MHz, but YMMV.  :)

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=00/08/30/0115259&mode=thread

The corporate players in it are IBM, HP, Intel, NEC, along with Red Hat,
Turbolinux, Linuxcare, VA Linux, Dell and SGI.

It sounds very promising.

Attend the tale of Sweeney Todd.    His skin was pale and his eye was odd.
Always trust an Australian with a razor.

http://www.sweenytod.com               Paranoid is normal, normal is good