[plug] allo, allo, allo?

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Fri Dec 1 11:06:31 WST 2000

"Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima" wrote:
> I'm farly certain that you don't need any entries in /etc/hosts.{allo,deny}
The file that controls whether a greeting message will be sent? (-:

BTW, using ``netstat -u'' on each end may be useful, as is ``tcpdump -i eth0''.
The best package (IMHO) for seeing what's there from outside is nmap.

--
"A reporter asked me not long ago whether I had ever expected a
 commercial internet to operate. 'Yes,' I answered, 'that didn't