[plug] Re:SCSI CDRW

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Sat Dec 2 10:52:10 WST 2000

G'day Mark,

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 09:16:35AM +0800, Mark Saxon wrote:
> I'm about to buy myself a SCSI cdrw for my Linux Mandrake box and had
> more or less settled on a Yamaha CRW4416S but have a friend recommend
> the  SONY 145S.

Yeah I asked the same question not too long ago (see the archives). I actually
decided to go for a Sony 145S despite no one on the list having any
experience with it.

I can say that it works like a charm. Read is quick and writing is fantastic.
No problems so far.

I can rip a full audio CD in about 7.5 mins and write a full CD in under 7
mins (i think). I haven't tried RW CDs yet cause I don't have any of that
media.

Later,

Jason Nicholls