[plug] Re:SCSI CDRW

Mark Saxon mark at omninet.net.au
Sat Dec 2 13:51:59 WST 2000

Jason Nicholls wrote:

> G'day Mark,
>
> On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 09:16:35AM +0800, Mark Saxon wrote:
> > I'm about to buy myself a SCSI cdrw for my Linux Mandrake box and had
> > more or less settled on a Yamaha CRW4416S but have a friend recommend
> > the  SONY 145S.
>
> Yeah I asked the same question not too long ago (see the archives). I actually
> decided to go for a Sony 145S despite no one on the list having any
> experience with it.

Thanks Jason that was just what I was looking for.  I remember your ?
to the list. I was hoping you were still around.
Checked the archives and I did attend the Installfest to look at the
EIDE burners in action -  they seemed slow and just a little too easy to
interupt to me.

At the price the Sony seems a good compromise between price and
reliability.

Mark