[plug] NFS Bizarre Problem

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Sat Dec 2 13:50:40 WST 2000

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Bernard Blackham wrote:
> I've restarted NFS with a stop/start, and suddenly the NFS daemon refuses
> to start

As a partial answer to my own question, could the kernel itself be holding
it open? Tracing back my logs shows this unusual message, when it
shutdown, sorry I did not mention it earlier:

      kernel: svc: server socket destroy delayed

Delayed? until when? Assuming that the kernel itself is holding it open,
how does one tell it to let go and destroy the socket?

Can anybody shed any more light on this?

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham
 bernard at blackham.com.au