[plug] Software Recommendations

Gavin Rogers grogers at greenwood.wa.edu.au
Tue Dec 5 16:36:01 WST 2000

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Michael De Santis wrote:

> I am hoping that someone on the list can recommend (either Open Source
> or commercial) a good Anti Virus package for a Linux mailing list
> server. Advantages and disadvantages of the software is also appreciated
> if at all possible.

Hello Michael,

We use Mcafee anti-virus for linux combined with 'exiscan' which plugs in
to our exim mailer - http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan/.

Wasn't too hard to set up and it has already caught quite a few viruses
without any noticable delay in mail transmission, but we only
receive a few hundred emails a day.

I remeber reading something in the 'ask Buffy' segment on ZDNet about this
very thing, but I can't find it at the moment.

Regards,
Gavin Rogers