[plug] PCI Modems

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Tue Dec 5 23:08:06 WST 2000

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Lord Kino wrote:
> is there any way at all to get a 56K WebExcel internal PCI modem
> working in linux?
> Its bin pissin me off having to either go 14K (old 14K External Modem) in
> Linux or use windows

If it's one of those dud winmodems, then there might be some hope. Check
out www.linmodems.org to see if there's a linux driver for it. If it isn't
a winmodem then I'd suspect some jumper settings on the card to force it
to an IRQ and it _should_ work as any normal modem...

Given I have no idea what type of modem it is and without knowing the
chipset (somewhere on the modem card) I can't help. If you know what
chipset it uses (just read all the codes on all the chips on the card and
see what matches, usually the biggest one) and somewhere on
www.linmodems.org there's a compatability list.

Enjoy,

Bernard.

--