[plug] PCI Modems

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Wed Dec 6 07:36:30 WST 2000

Bernard Blackham wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Lord Kino wrote:
> > is there any way at all to get a 56K WebExcel internal PCI modem
> > working in linux?
> > Its bin pissin me off having to either go 14K (old 14K External Modem) in
> > Linux or use windows
>
> If it's one of those dud winmodems, then there might be some hope. Check
> out www.linmodems.org to see if there's a linux driver for it. If it isn't
> a winmodem then I'd suspect some jumper settings on the card to force it
> to an IRQ and it _should_ work as any normal modem...

Sometimes you need the new serial driver (http://serial.sourceforge.net/ off the
top of my head, comes with 2.4.*) as the PCI hardware modems tend to live at
weird addresses and similar stuff too painful for the older driver to
contemplate.

--
Q.  Does Usenet help stamp out ignorance?
A.  That depends on whether by "stamp out" you mean "eliminate" or