[plug] reiserfs

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Dec 8 06:41:01 WST 2000

Reccomended. Just installed Mandrake 7.2 and somehow damaged the rpm
database.  This sometimes causing the machine to continually access the
HD and eventually became unable to access.  Rebooted (reset switch) half
a dozen times before I twigged and rebuilt the db.  Came straight back
up each time with no problems in dmesg or elsewhere that I have
noticed.  Previously it would have caused a 20 minute fsck of the hard
disks each time, severely limiting the number of times I could try and
trash the machine in a night!

BillK