[plug] unknown hosts

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Sat Dec 9 22:36:30 WST 2000

Alex Polglaze wrote:
> We did an upgrade the other day of Mandrake and now my clients can't log
> in because of unknown hosts.

Ah! That will be the secureshell command in each user's .bashrc file. In your
case it should say:

    ssh d3server

If you can't ssh into d3server from your gateway by hand, check the file
/etc/hosts.deny for a line saying ALL:ALL and if it's there, delete it. If still
no joy, try (on d3server as root):

    service start sshd

--
Bugs or "issues" as [Microsoft] calls them are probably their most
creative work and there is an abundance of it. Let them be jealous