[plug] Dial in internet Service

Gavin Rogers grogers at greenwood.wa.edu.au
Wed Dec 13 17:37:27 WST 2000

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Robert Andrews wrote:

> Hi all I want to play around with setting a small (1 Line at the moment) dial in internet service
> I have been told to Look for a program called "Radius" and "Port Slave"
> Would these fit my requirements or can you recomend other software
>
> I have a redhat 6.1 system

For a simple system (we have 6 lines here), you don't need to use Radius
(an authentication protocol). I'm not sure what Port Slave is, so I can't
comment there...

But we have a system where we create accounts (using the normal adduser
etc programs) on the dial-in machine, which then becomes the user name and
password the user needs to use when they dial in.

The other half is setting up mgetty and ppp for the dialin, and the best
source for info on that is the PPP HOWTO - most of the information I
needed for our system was gleaned from that.

Regards,
Gavin Rogers