[plug] Re: OT: Re: Rejected mail problem

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Thu Dec 14 12:02:42 WST 2000

Matt Kemner wrote:

> The problem here is not that Myk's ISP has been blacklisted for SPAM, but
> rather that Indigo is using a mail blacklist that blocks mail from any
> dialup machine, and only accepts email from ISP's mailserver - thereby
> forcing people to use their ISP's mailserver for all outgoing mail, even
> if they are running their own.
>
> The theory behind this is that it means email is only received from
> mailservers that are presumably under some form of administrative control,
> and therefore less likely to be sources of SPAM.
>
> Personally I find it to be a major PITA.
>
>  - Matt

Yes, it is, isn't it?.

(I interpreted the acronym, by context)

When I previously encountered a similar problem, the website to which I
was referred, appeared to have the intention of making ISP's use its
proprietary spam-blocking software.

That, to me, appeared to be spam, itself.

Sometimes, the actions of some ISP's can only make the rest of us wonder
at their intentions.
--

Bret Busby

"So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the
answer means."
 - Deep Thought, Chapter 28 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988