[plug] FS: 486 Systems for Linux play

Ari Finander ari at scientist.com
Thu Dec 14 15:52:29 WST 2000

Hey all,

It looks like I'm going to ave to pay my private health care deductible this month and then again next month after new years, as well as gap payments to doctors and surgeons, so I'm having to sell off my extra computers.  (Some free advice- if you go out to defend your neighbours from home invasion, be prepared to use as much force as necessary to keep yourself safe (and alive), and if you're thinking "it's probably just kids, I don't want to hurt anyone, so I'm not taking a weapon" then DON'T go out: wait for the police.  Otherwise, you'll end up like me, having some of your joints replaced with titanium and being stuck in a wheelchair or on crutches and in pain for the rest of your life.)

Anyways, here's what I have for sale:

The systems come with NO software.

1. 486 Dx2 66mhz Intel Overdrive CPU
        20MB RAM
        1x 250MB HDD
        1x 204MB HDD
        1x 3.5" FDD
        1x CDROM
        14" SVGA NEC Monitor (or 15" VGA if you'd prefer)
        Soundblaster Pro sound card
        Cirrus Logic VGA card
        Network card
        mouse
        keyboard

        $200

2.  486 Dx2 66mhz Intel Overdrive CPU
        16MB RAM
        1x 520 MB HDD
        1x 3.5" FDD
        Trident VGA Card
        Network Card
        Colour Monitor
        keyboard
        mouse

        $150

3 and 4.  486 Dx2 50mhz Intel CPU
        1x 261.3 Seagate HDD
        1x 3.5" FDD
        8mb RAM
        VGA Card
        Network Card
        NEC MultiSync 2A colour monitor
        mouse
        keyboard

        $100 each

As I can't walk unaided (or at all most days) you'll have to be able to pick the systems up, as I cannot deliver.  I live near Murdoch Uni.

Ari
ari at scientist.com
finander at iprimus.com.au

PS- I do not recommend changing to the iprimus Infinity plan, as I've found their tech support to be nonexistant (they don't answer the phone unless it's after midnight in Perth and they
don't reply to emails).  I'll be returning to iiNet at the beginning of next month.