[plug] kernel 2.2.18

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Tue Dec 19 22:50:52 WST 2000

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Matt Kemner wrote:
> If you still have 2.2.17, why not download patch-2.2.18.gz?
> That's what it's there for

Ahh, *slaps himself*

Okay, now I have the patch, I did a `make clean' on the original 2.2.17
source tree, applied the patch by `bzip2 -dc patch-2.2.18.bz2 | patch -p0'
from the /usr/src tree (directory kernel-source-2.2.17 is symlinked to
linux). Didn't work. Gave a multitude of errors, some of the hunks worked,
some failed. I had previously applied the USB patch to it, so I tried
again with a fresh 2.2.17 source tree, still nup. The HOWTO doesn't lend
much help, nor does patch's man page...

Help please,

Bernard.

--