[plug] kernel 2.2.18

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Tue Dec 19 23:56:13 WST 2000

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Bernard Blackham wrote:

> Gave a multitude of errors, some of the hunks worked,
> some failed. I had previously applied the USB patch to it, so I tried
> again with a fresh 2.2.17 source tree, still nup.

Is the 2.2.17 the official kernel (from kernel.org and it's mirrors) or
from a distro CD?

If the latter, you'll find the distro has added their own patches which
you'll need to remove - they should have made available a patch with the
differences (which you can reverse with patch -R)

If the former, you have a corrupted patch file (or 2.2.17 tarball, or a
RAM problem that is silently corrupting stuff, etc)

All official patches should apply with zero problems to the previous
official version.

 - Matt