[plug] problems with rp3 in red hat 7

Corfield, Jones bluejohn at iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 20 14:45:14 WST 2000

I had been running rh7 succesfully for about a week but I am no longer
able to connect to the internet.  When I start the dialer I get a
'failed to initiate interface report', this is accmpanied with 'rp3
crashed due to segmentation fault'. Both these occur before the modem
has been dialed.  I have used debug on the modem and it dials giving a
full log that seems to be succesful.

As a newbie I naively tried to reboot (some windows habits die hard) but
the problem is still there much as I expected.  Has anyone got any
ideas?

Any help much appreciated.

Gavin