[plug] Journalling filesystems (again :)

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 25 15:17:28 WST 2000

Hi guys,

I have a machine I'm planning to put a journalling fs
on (mainly for stability switching between console and
X).

I know you all seem to stand by Reiserfs, but (a) I
don't have Mandrake, and (b) the partition is already
created and system installed, and backing up isn't
really feasible.

I was wondering if anyone's had any good/bad
experience with ext3? IIRC when /. had an article on
it when it first appeared, they said it's basically
ext2 + extra (small) journalling code, and that you
can go from ext2 to ext3 and back again, no trouble at
all.

Any thoughts?

TIA
Andrew

=====
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?