[plug] EQL

The Thought Assassin assassin at live.wasp.net.au
Tue Dec 26 15:52:46 WST 2000

On Tue, 26 Dec 2000, Shane Spina wrote:
> I am trying to configure EQL on a Debian 2.2 box.  I have installed it
> into the kernel and the second modem dials out and handshakes but i get
> a error saying : sent 165 bytes recieved 172 bytes ...
That doesn't sound like an error message... is that the whole message?

> I was of the understanding that configuration of EQL was only on the
> dial out side of the connection..
You will need to install and configure eql on both sides for optimal
results. IIRC, you will get connection-grained load-balancing this way,
but need EQL on the upstream source to get packet-sized granularity.

> and from what i have read there seems to be no config required of eql
> other than installation into the kernel..
Do you not still need to run eql_enslave or the current equivalent?

-Greg Mildenhall