[plug] BLocking MP3s

Mark Saxon mark at omninet.net.au
Thu Dec 28 12:55:26 WST 2000

Kim Covil wrote:

> > > If they can't do accounting, the chances are they can't do firewalling at
> > > all. Can you reach said MP3s after disabling the proxy? (ftp or http)
> >
> > ftp still works
>
> Out of interest can you get through with http if you add a ?blah=1
> to the end of all the static urls...? Most proxies don't try and proxy
> queries and the server at the other end should just ignore the query
> string for a static page...

Hmmm... That has allowed me access to urls with mp3 as well as those
down stream from the original ?blah=
either its working or they have been cunning enough to allow mp3ishness
in my queries only.
(which seems unlikely)
There is no way of testing this of course.....

They were getting a little uncomfortable with questions I have been
asking.

Either way liunx = PLUG = solution so it was not off topic after all.

Mark